top of page

Seward County District Court

Official: Sheila Lueders
Phone:  (402) 643-4895
Jury Assistant Line: (402) 643-4929
Fax: (402) 643-2950
Location: Justice Center-Suite 145

Hours:   8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I make a payment online?

You are able to pay court costs for criminal, traffic, juvenile, small claims and civil judgments online.


Who are our District Judges?

The Honorable James C. Stecker

The Honorable Christina M. Marroquin

The Honorable Jason M. Bergevin

The Honorable Rachel A. Daugherty


Do you have forms to complete to file for divorce?

  • Yes, we have dissolution packets for self-represented litigants  available for purchasing or if you have access to a computer, you may visit the Nebraska Supreme Court website to download your own.  Locate the forms within the ‘self-help’ menu at:


Do you have forms to complete to file for custody of my child?

  • No, currently there are no forms available to file for custody of a child.  This is a very delicate situation, and will most likely require the advice of legal counsel.  If you cannot afford an attorney, you might contact Legal Aid of Nebraska by calling 1-877-250-2016, if you live outside of Douglas County area to see if you qualify.


How do I file for a Protection Order?

  • Start by coming to the District Court office.  After you determine which type of protection order you’ll need to file due to your situation, we may ask if you’d like to work with one of the caring staff from the Hope Crisis Center.  The center has a satellite office located on the first floor the courthouse.  Hope Crisis Center is free confidential assistance for victims of domestic violence, harassment and sexual assault.  The 24 hour confidential crisis line 1-877-388-HOPE (4673).


Requests for record searches?

  • The Clerk of the District Court office does not conduct record searches.  Our records are open to the public.


How was I chosen as a Juror?

  • Jurors are randomly chosen from current lists of people age 19 and older living in Seward County, Nebraska, who are either registered voters, licensed drivers or hold state identification cards.  If you are no longer a resident, you should notify the proper entity to update your residential information.  Seward County Clerk (402)643-2883, Seward Dept. of Motor Vehicles (402)643-2980


How long can I expect to serve on a Jury panel?

  • Your service on a jury depends upon the court’s need and the length of the trials in which you will be serving.  The court Judge has final say in dismissing jury panels.


How can I be postponed or excused from jury service?

  • A request must be submitted to the court Judge in writing stating what your hardship is at this time.  The Judge will address each request individually.  You will be notified of the Judge’s decision.

  • Individuals who are 70 years or older can request not to serve.


bottom of page